Friday, January 23, 2009

Kristina's Colour Challenge #39.

It's time for another one of Kristina's Colour Challenges (gosh that week went fast!) and this time the colours are Basic Black, Real Red, So Saffron, Whisper White and Green Galore (or another green).
I don't know why, but as soon as I saw the colours for Kristina's Challenge I immediately thought of shiny black gumboots! Weird, I know!!
Anyway, armed with the idea of gumboots and after a lot of mucking around with the colour combination, this is what I came up with......

This one was a real challenge for me because I started off with a Real Red card base that was layered with So Saffron and I had every intention of using layers of Green Galore as well, but after giving that about 3 hours of my time I just couldn't seem to make it work! So I decided to start again, simplify my card and change from Green Galore to Old Olive and it finally just came together! (No extra points for me Kristina!)
To add some dimension I have popped the whole white section up on dimensionals and the 2 Saffron flowers are also popped up on dimensionals. Then to add a bit of interest I have paper pierced a 'frame' around the picture and put Crystal Effects on the little boots to make them shiny! (you may need to click on the picture to see the shine).
Hope you like my card and thanks for dropping by,



Stamps: Simply Said, Flower Filled (retired). Inks: Basic Black, Old Olive, So Saffron, Real Red. Card stock: Bali Breeze DSP, Old Olive, Whisper White. Accessories: Crystal Effects, Rich Regals Brads. Tools: Aqua Painter, Stamp-a-majig, Paper piercing.

14 comments:

Carol Dunstan said...

this is fantastic, you've done a beautiful job with the colours

Anonymous said...

This card really stands out amongst the other entries. I think you deserve a top spot for sure!

Stacey Schafer said...

this is too cute! love the boots full of floweres;)

Kerryn said...

Ooooo this is really nice!! I love the stamps and how you've designed the card! Well done. It really is beautiful!

Rochelle said...

Very cute card, I like it a lot!

Gabby said...

The boots are a nice touch, but I especially love the piercing of the paper. Nice detail!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

What an AWESOME card Danniel!!!
I'm hoping to have a play with the challenge tonight. HOPING!!!!

xxSarah
xx

One Klassy Chick said...

Ooh, this is a WICKED card Dan! Love every detail :) Nice work

S x

Fiona said...

This is a beautiful card. I especially like the flowers.

studionoeight said...

I love your card it is so beauitful, great job!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Very nice use of colors!

Unknown said...

Lovely!!

Kara said...

love the boots and the paper piercing. great job
Kara

Anonymous said...

Hi Danneil how cute are those boots LOL! Love them nicely done! Donna